Zoom offers communications software that combines video conferencing, online meetings, whiteboard, chat, and mobile collaboration.
To access Zoom: https://providence.zoom.us/
- Click “Sign In” and enter your college email address and password.
- If you download the Zoom app to your computer, you must click “Sign in with SSO.” You will be prompted to enter a domain. Use “providence” (without the quotation marks). You will then see the standard login screen.
- Zoom Instructions Handout
Zoom Tutorial Videos
Securing your Zoom meetings is important to prevent unauthorized access to your meetings as well as to prevent unwanted visitors from “Zoombombing.”
Recommendations to secure your Zoom meeting:
- Password-protect your meeting
- Enable the waiting room
- Do not use your Personal Meeting ID to host meetings
- Only allow the host to control screen sharing
- If meeting size and audience permits:
- Allow only authenticated users (only Providence College users)
- Use registration (only registered users can enter meeting)
- Never publicly share invite links or meeting IDs
- Lock meeting and disable waiting room once the meeting has begun
- Always verify meeting settings when scheduling a meeting
Zoom Info for Faculty
The Remote Learning & Instructional Continuity Sakai site contains many resources for using Zoom to teach remotely, along with Zoom’s Sakai integration.
You may be prompted with “Currently, you are not a member of the site called ‘Remote Learning and Instructional Continuity’. Would you like to join and become a member of the site?” Click “Yes, add me” to be added to the site.
There are links for Zoom Videoconferencing and Zoom Tips & Trick on the left sidebar.